Pages

Friday 3 October 2014

Dragon's Lair Designs Challenge - Anything Goes

Good Morning Everyone and welcome to a new Challenge starting over on Dragon's Lair Designs - Anything Goes

For my inspiration for you this month I decided to use the very cute image of Yoo Hoo In Floral Frame and the Southern Comfort Papers 


To make my card I started off by printing my image onto Neenah Dessert Storm Card and coloured him in using Copic Markers, next I fussy cut the image out which was very easy to do.  

I made my card base 7 1/4 inches by 8 1/4 inches and used craft card to do this, then I took two of the papers and distressed the edges with Vintage Photo Distress Ink and then glued them to the card.  I took some wide gold ribbon and then some thin brown ribbon and placed this over the join of the papers.

the next thing I did was to use the Spellbinders Shapeabilities Frosty Forms dies and die cut the small corner flourish out 7 times out of gold card, 5 of these made a boarder at the bottom of the card and the other two were placed in the top corners


I then cut out the longer flourish from the set out of gold glitter card and placed these at either side of the ribbon, this gave my an idea as the waste from this had a lovely heart shape in it, so I decided to use this to edge my cute owl image, these dies are so easy to cut out and release very easily so don't be put off by all the extra cutting 


After I had attached all of my hearts to my image using the Cosmic Shimmer glue I added foam pads to the back of the image and placed it onto my card.  I finished off my image by adding some white dots to the outside of the frame and some gold dots to the inside of the frame and some glitter pen to the flowers and butterflies

I hope you like my card and that it gives you some inspiration to create your own and enter our challenge, you have until the 6th of November to do so, so go on have a go Anything Goes after all :) 

Thanks for taking the time to read this post and please do feel free to leave me a lovely comment, they really are all appreciated 

Best wishes
Vanessa xx





9 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Vanessa, love the gorgeous owl.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The owl is adorable and I totally love the colour tones you have used xx
    Sandie x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much for your lovely comments Sandie xx

      Delete
  3. This is so cute! Beautiful card.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Vanessa your card is gorgeous I love the owl image. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete