Pages

Friday 17 January 2020

It’s been a while

Well finally I am back doing something that I have been meaning to do for ages, people keep asking me if I have a blog and I do, its just been very neglected so Im now going to try and put that right and blog much more often 

So here goes, this card has had lots of interest so I thought I would blog about it and explain how to achieve it 

so to make this card you will need
  •  Altenew Wallpaper Art Clear Stamp Set
  • Altenew Dearest Friend Clear Stamp Set 
  • VersaMark Clear Embossing Ink Pad
  • Canson XL watercolour paper  
  •  Hero Arts Platinumn Embossing Powder
  • heat gun 
  • Zig Clean Colour Real Brush Markers
  • Watercolour Brush 
  • Post-it Notes
  • 7" x 7" White Card Base
  • Foam Pads 
  • Anti Static Powder
Step By Step
  1. cut a piece of watercolour card to 6 1/2" square, dust the card piece with anti static powder then stamp the flowers over the card using VersaMark ink, cover with embossing powder, tap off the excess and then heat set.
  2. stamp the flowers used onto post-it notes and cut out making sure to cut just inside the line of the flower image, cover the flowers with the masks and then stamp the leaves into place again using clear VersaMark ink, cover with embossing powder again and heat set
  3. colour the flowers with Zig markers, start with the darkest colour at the bottom of the petals, I used Cobalt Blue and Light blue, then pull out the colours with a water brush, do the same with the leaves, I used Marine Green and Turquoise green.  I then used a pale blue to outline the petals and leaves and used a water brush to pull the colour out to cover the card
  4. fold a piece of A4 paper in half and sprinkle some platinum embossing powder along the fold line, run the versamark pad along the edges of the card and then dip the card edges into the powder, heat set the powder, heat from the front and back to ensure all the powder is melted.  Adhere to the cardbase using foam pads
  5. stamp the sentiments onto strips of watercolour card using versamark ink, cover with embossing powder and heat set.  cut the ends of the dearest friend strip into a flag, matt both onto card that has been covered with platinum embossing powder 
  6. adhere the sentiments to the card as shown using foam pads
Thanks for taking the time to read this, I hope you've found this helpful, please do leave me a comment to let me know what you think 
bye for now and I will be back soon with another blog post

No comments:

Post a Comment