Pages

Friday 6 March 2015

Dragons Lair Designs Challenge - More than two folds

Hello Everyone, well where did that month go?
 It's challenge time again over on Dragons Lair Designs and this time the theme is "More than two Folds" 

Here is my take on this



now you might want to spot the deliberate mistake...hmmm someone misread the theme title when making the card so you will see that my card only has 2 folds and not more than 2 folds, but I was very poorly at the time so that is my excuse and I'm sticking to it :) 

So to make this card you need to start with an A4 piece of card and trim the long side down to 25cm
then score the card at 10cm and 15cm and fold to make a zig zag 


Next I printed off my elements to make the card.  The stamp I used is called Floral Tea Set and the papers I have used are from the Subtle Pastels range

I cut my papers to fit each of the 3 panels and then matted them onto pink card, I then used a lace boarder punch to make some decorative strips and these were cut to 4cm wide.
I coloured my image with Copic markers and inked the edges with Spun Sugar Distress Ink and matted it onto pink card, I used foam pads to attach it to the card to give it dimension.



Next I added some bling to the punched panel and added a faux stitched edge with a white gel pen


A stamped sentiment turns this card into a lovely Mothers day card


I hope that you like my card and look forward to seeing what you make for the challenge yourself and if you would like to leave me a lovely comment that would be nice too

Bye for now 
Vanessa 
xx


6 comments:

  1. Very pretty Vanessa, really like this style of card, not tried it yet, thanks for the instructions x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous Vanessa, love the design and card you have used.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Vanessa this is a gorgeous card I love the shape. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card! I love tea and Cath Kidston so this card is right up my street! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A gorgeous card, love the papers and image x

    ReplyDelete